GET SKILLS-TRAINING AND FINANCIAL SUPPORT WHEN YOU QUALIFY FOR SECOND CAREER
- You have been laid off and have not been working;
- You have been laid off and are working a temporary job just to cover costs;
- Contact a IIT Student Counsellor via email or phone, and find out if our programs are right for you and your future goals. We will also provide you with the necessary guidelines needed to start on your Second Career process.
- Arrange for an appointment with an Employment Ontario counsellor at a government service agency to assess your eligibility for Second Career funding.
- Complete the required job market research, look into three college programs of your choice, including IIT program, and complete the financial assistance application form.
- Submit all documents to the government through the Employment Ontario counsellor.
- Once your application for Second Career is approved, start your program at IIT.
SECOND CAREER FUNDING
The Government of Ontario is helping laid-off workers get back to work through the Second Career Program. If you want to pursue further career training, you may be eligible for SECOND CAREER.
If you are a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Residence or Conventional Refugee, the Second Career grant can pay for expenses such as Tuition, Books, Living expenses, Travel and transportation, Disability supports, Dependent(s) care, Other living and training costs. The financial support Second Career provides up to CAD $28,000.
Those who qualify may have some or all of these costs covered within the Second Career Strategy. In order to find out if you qualify for Second Career or any other government funding, all candidates must visit a Employment Ontario assessment centre for an assessment interview.
HOW TO QUALIFY YOURSELF
You qualify for Second Career when:
Note that if you are receiving Employment Insurance (EI), or have in the past, you can still apply.
HOW TO APPLY TO STUDY AT IIT THROUGH SECOND CAREER
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-924-2271.
For general information about the Second Career initiative, visit the Ontario Second Career Government website at www.ontario.ca/page/second-career.
You can also contact your local Employment Ontario office for confirmation of your eligibility for financial assistance under the Second Career program.
Employment Ontario Contact Centre: Call toll - free: 1-800-387-5656